EPC stands for Energy Performance Certificate, which has become a vital rating scheme to summarise the energy efficiency of different buildings. The drawback of EPC is that the ratings and suggestions are based on assumptions instead of facts. In EPC+ (a concept developed CAESL), we comprehensively and analytically assess both the energy and water performance of each building in two phases:
1.From Data Collection to Solution Selection
On the first step of this journey, we collect detailed information on:
- Utility bills (1-3 years)
- Detailed floor plans
- Room-by-room information on energy/water supply and demand, types and sizes of windows and doors, heating and cooling appliances, etc.
As part of the data collection process, we use specialised equipment such as:
- Advanced thermal cameras to identify the exact locations of heat loss;
- Power/electricity loggers to find any problems with the meters and electrical appliances.
- Lux meters to assess the quality and conditions of lighting
- Flue gas analyzers to test the performance and efficiency of boilers in both residential and commercial/industrial buildings
- High-resolution inspection cameras for cavity wall insulation inspection, an inspection of spaces under floors, above ceilings, and behind panels and ducts, etc.
Next, we conduct a comprehensive survey on water and energy use, water and energy-using devices, and consumer habits and behaviour. After that, all the collected data is analysed, and possible problems are detected. The company runs advanced simulations for possible solutions, such as Solar PVs, heat pumps, greywater recycling, rainwater harvesting systems and air curtains for residential and commercial buildings. We identify a cluster of optimal sustainable solutions using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Once the solutions have been identified, to ensure that all solutions listed are the best possible, all data is again checked and observed, and we conduct meticulous testing to validate the results.
Finally, the customer is given a detailed list of potential solutions tailored to their unique situation, from which they can choose the best option/options. These solutions often comprised several technologies or appliances (such as heat pumps, hybrid heat pumps, efficient condensing boilers, solar systems, water-efficient appliances, greywater systems, rainwater harvesting systems, carwash, and train wash water recycling systems, and so on) and/or change of patterns of use or behaviour.
Our team will support you along the way and guide you when needed to ensure the best possible results. We are the only company in the UK providing such a sustainability-oriented advanced service for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings.
Our team of experts continues to support you through this journey by providing several different services depending on your selected solutions and technologies. It usually includes (but is not limited to):
- Negotiation with solution/technology providers and manufacturers to seal the best deals (technologically & commercially);
- Supervision of the project from day one to commissioning;
- Dealing with the installation teams;
- Testing and cross-checking and all installations and works done as per part of each project.
- Supporting the customer with the planning permission and BUS applications, where applicable.
Not sure where to start? Leave us a message!